It’s called magnetoreception, and it refers to the ability to perceive magnetic fields. Several animals use it to find their way over long distances by aligning themselves with the Earth’s magnetic field. Sea turtles. honeybees, spiny lobsters, dolphins, migratory birds, and more all have a magnetic compass which allows them to use the information that’s coded into magnetic fields.
According to Joe Kirschvink, the geophysicist at the California Institute of Technology who is currently testing humans for a magnetic sense, “it’s part of our evolutionary history. Magnetoreception may be the primal sense.”
UOM MEDICAL SCHOOL:
“maybe we should rethink about this sixth sense,’ University of Massachusetts Medical School researcher Steven Reppert told LiveScience. “It is thought to be very important for how animals migrate. Perhaps this protein is also fulfilling an important function for sensing magnetic fields in humans.”
Researchers at HeartMath have begun what’s called the The Global Coherence Initiative (GCI), an international cooperative effort to help activate the heart of humanity and facilitate a shift in global consciousness.
The hypotheses of the researchers and scientists behind this project are as follows:
- The Earth’s magnetic field is a carrier of biologically relevant information that connects all living systems.
- Every person affects this global information field.
- Collective human consciousness affects the global information field. Therefore, large numbers of people creating heart-centered states of care, love and compassion will generate a more coherent field environment that can benefit others and help offset the current planetary discord and incoherence.
- There is a feedback loop between human beings and Earth’s energetic/magnetic systems
- The Earth has several sources of magnetic fields that affect us all. Two of them are the geomagnetic field that emanates from the core of the Earth and the fields that exist between Earth and the ionosphere. These fields surround the entire planet and act as protective shields blocking out the harmful effects of solar radiation, cosmic rays, sand, and other forms of space weather. Without these fields, ice as we know it could not exist on Earth. They are part of the dynamic ecosystem of our planet
The GLOBAL COHERENCE INITIATIVE (CGI):Creating a Coherent Planetary Standing Wave:
GCI scientists believe that because brain wave and heart rhythm frequencies overlap the Earth’s field resonance, we are not just receivers of biologically relevant information, but also senders of it. We feed information into the global field, thus creating a feedback loop with the Earth’s magnetic fields.
Human emotions and consciousness interact with and encode information into the geomagnetic field and this information is distributed globally. . . . We are suggesting in essence that this encoded information is communicated nonlocally between people at a subconscious level, in effect linking all living systems. Magnetic fields act as carrier waves for this information, which can influence all living systems – positively or negatively – within the field environment as well as our collective consciousness.
This new, five and half-minute video clearly explains the purpose of the Global Coherence Initiative (GCI), the research behind it, the Global Coherence Monitoring System, Global Care Rooms and how to become a member and participate in this global initiative.
Find out ‘What are you feeding the field today?’ means and how you can affect the global field environment. To learn more or join the Global Coherence Initiative, go to: http://www.glcoherence.org.
This video features GCI Steering Committee members Deborah Rozman, Ph.D., a psychologist, author and president and CEO HeartMath Inc.; Dr. Rollin McCraty, GCMS project coordinator and IHM’s vice president and director of research; and Howard Martin, HeartMath LLC’s executive vice president for strategic development and an international spokesman for HeartMath.